About the National Housing Fund (NHF) Mortgage Loan.
- The National Housing Fund (NHF) scheme is operated by the Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria and open to Nigerians in all sectors of the economy; Government Workers, Private sector works and the self-employed.
- Eligible persons are to contribute 2.5% of their basic salary into the fund to be used to grant mortgage loans.
- The maximum loan accessible by any contributor is N15 million at a lending rate at 6% per annum. The repayment period is 30 years maximum subject to the applicant’s present age and years of service.
HOW TO BUY INTO APDC CAPITAL ESTATE USING THE NHF MORTGAGE LOAN
A. As a worker (Public/Private sector)
- Contribute to NHF scheme for a minimum of six (6) months.
- Open an Account with a Primary Mortgage Bank (PMB) of your choice and build up your equity contribution to the funding of your desired property type at APDC Capital Estate project (ACE).
- Obtain Offer letter from APDC (for purchase of existing building), which shall only serve as evidence of offer and not a title document.
- Liaise with the chosen Primary Mortgage Bank for all other necessary documents and information regarding the process of purchasing a house at APDC Capital Estate (ACE).
DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED BY FMBN
- PMB form to be completed.
- Allocation and Acceptance Letter – to be issued to client by APDC.
- NHF passbook with evidence of monthly deductions.
- Declaration of Age/Birth Certificate.
- Tax Clearance Certificate for 3 years proceeding.
- Pay slip for current 3 months.
- Valuation report of the property – to be provided by APDC
B. If Self Employed
- Company’s Profile.
- Company’s bank account statement for the past 3 years.
- Three years audited accounts of the company.
- Marriage certificate or proof where applicable.
- Birth certificate or age declaration.
- Payment of necessary charges e.g inspection, legal fees etc.
- Photocopy of current tax clearance certificate (original for sighting).
For more information on the National Housing Fund, visit http://www.fmbn.gov.ng